General Dentistry – General Dentist Leominster, MA
Finding a general dentist is easy, but finding one with your overall health and wellness in mind and offers a wide selection of dental services is not. Leominster, MA area patients interested in finding a new dental provider for their needs are encouraged to book an appointment with Dr. Yijia Li [Lana Lee].
What is general dentistry?
Dr. Yijia Li [Lana Lee] of Nirvana Dental describes general dentistry as preventive and common services used to help patients achieve good oral health and wellness. It often encompasses some of the following services:
- Dental cleanings – while brushing and flossing at home is essential to keeping the smile healthy, patients should also book routine dental cleanings at Nirvana Dental. Our team can remove plaque, tartar, and calculus to keep the smile healthy and clean.
- Dental evaluations: Every six months, patients should visit their dentist for an evaluation to ensure the smile is healthy. Early detection and treatment of periodontal disease and tooth decay can help ensure your oral health is maintained.
- Dental fillings – areas of decay are treated with dental fillings. The dental fillings are made of a composite resin and match the natural color of teeth enamel for discreet results.
- Dental crowns – patients with weak or damaged teeth may need to have dental crowns placed over their natural teeth. This assures that the tooth is protected and strengthened to function at its best.
- X-rays – diagnostic x-rays are used to view underneath the gum line and evaluate the teeth’ unexposed parts and the jawbone.
- Periodontal therapy – patients who have conditions such as periodontal disease will need to undergo periodontal therapy to treat the infection and help bring the smile back to health. Periodontal disease left untreated can result in irreversible damage to the gums, bones, and teeth.
PerioProtect Before and After
Contact Nirvana Dental today
Leominster, MA area patients interested in obtaining general dentistry services from Dr. Yijia Li [Lana Lee] can request a consultation visit by calling (978) 704-8788. Our facility is open to new and established patients and families, and services individuals in and around the communities of Shirley, Lancaster, Clinton, and Sterling.
Are you asking the right questions about dentistry?
Fact or myth? Expensive toothpastes are always better than cheaper ones – myth. Different toothpastes are better for different teeth and situations. Sometimes moderately priced toothpaste can be more effective. Ask the dentist what might be best for your teeth and always look for the ADA seal of approval. Fact or myth? If a tooth is white it must be healthy. Myth – under the surface there may be cavities problems with the root or other abnormalities. Fact or myth? Teeth whitening is harmful because it damages enamel. Myth – there are many modern teeth whitening processes that have minimal harmful effects. Teeth whitening is not for every mouth or person though. Consult the dentist before you proceed with whitening treatments. Fact or myth? Dentists should be feared. Myth – with today’s advancements, technology and safety practices, there is nothing to worry about. Procedures are as quick and painless as ever. Fact or myth? You should visit your dentist at least 2 a year. Fact! So many smiles, so many solutions!